Pink Pirate is a 28 year old international Model from the Gold Coast Australia and is always looking for different ways to express herself. Check out her Model Mayhem page and if you are interested in purchasing prints please click here. She can also be found on her Facebook page here.
We asked The Real Pink Pirate 13 questions about herself and here they are.
1. Question: Ink Army: What first made you become a model? Answer: Pink Pirate: I never thought I would be a model, and never thought I could be one. I was approached by someone in Sydney, Australia. He wanted to fly me there to shoot for his magazine, and from then on my confidence slowly built up; photographers wanted to shoot me, and a few years later here I am.
2. Ink Army: How long have you been modeling? Pink Pirate: Around 4 years.
3. Ink Army: How did you feel when you did your first ever fashion show or photo shoot? Pink Pirate: Nervous – I didn’t know what I was doing. Now I’m confident and always having fun with it
4. Ink Army: What is your favorite food? Pink Pirate: Everything – I’m the biggest eater ever and food is one of my favorite things.
5. Ink Army: What did your parents first think of you being a model and were they supportive? Pink Pirate: They were very supportive, but not so supportive with the tattoos. They were forever telling me NOT to get them and of course I got more. Then when I decided to make my 1st trip over to the USA they didn’t want me to go, but I did, and now they are very proud of what I have accomplished.
6. Ink Army: If you were not a model, what other profession would you have been doing instead? Pink Pirate: I don’t consider my profession to be modeling. There is no money or steady income in it. I have been a child care teacher for 11 years and will continue this career for the rest of my life as it is very rewarding.
7. Ink Army: How do you cope under the pressures of being a model? Pink Pirate: No pressure for me; it’s something fun I enjoy:)
8. Ink Army: If a young person wanted to be a model what would your advice for them be? Pink Pirate: Be yourself. Keep it classy. Stay REAL, as the industry is full of fake, stuck-up people.
9. Ink Army: What do you like to do to stay fit? Pink Pirate: I work with children five days a week; they keep me fit.
10. Ink Army: What do you dislike about modeling? Pink Pirate: The fake, stuck-up people that think they are better than everyone else. I will never be like that.
11. Ink Army: How would you describe working with the photographer? Pink Pirate: Depends on the photographer… The more professional the better.
12. Ink Army: How do you prepare for a modeling shoot? Pink Pirate: I get my creative on and brainstorm ideas and moves based on my surroundings and outfit.
13. Ink Army: Is there anything else you’d like to say? Pink Pirate: I’m so over whelmed and happy I have made it this far. I love to create art and beautiful pictures. I’m not doing this to show off my body or get attention from creeps; (I have a huge Facebook blocked list) I do it for a creative outlet.